Date(s): Oct. 13 - Nov. 10
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm (Tuesdays)
This online class is an introduction to creating and incorporating an effective and ongoing mindfulness practice in all aspects of your life. This 5-week (1 hour each week) class is appropriate for beginners as well as anyone who wants to refresh the fundamentals of their practice.
The course will explore:
- Understanding what mindfulness is and what benefits may arise from the practice
- Utilizing a variety of mindfulness practices in everyday life
- Developing a healthier relationship with your thoughts
- Developing more balance with your emotions
- Becoming more aware of your body and its intelligence
- Moving from unskillful reactions to skillful responses
- and more
Day and Time: Mondays, from 12-1pm online. You will be sent connection instructions prior to the class.
Connection Information: You will receive connection information from the teacher prior to the first class.
Teacher: Megan Heiser is a graduate of InsightLA’s Facilitator Training program and her practice originates from the Zen tradition where she learned from her father. Today, she teaches the principals of Mindfulness and compassion for the self and others in order to live a more awake and joyful life. She is dedicated to offering a practice of care and kind attention to mind, body and heart to help ease the stresses of our busy lives.