Date(s): Jan. 24 - Feb. 21
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm (Mondays)
This online class is an introduction to creating and incorporating an effective and ongoing mindfulness practice in all aspects of your life. This 5-week (1 hour each week) class is appropriate for beginners as well as anyone who wants to refresh the fundamentals of their practice.
The course will explore:
- Understanding what mindfulness is and what benefits may arise from the practice
- Utilizing a variety of mindfulness practices in everyday life
- Developing a healthier relationship with your thoughts
- Developing more balance with your emotions
- Becoming more aware of your body and its intelligence
- Moving from unskillful reactions to skillful responses
- and more
Day and Time: Mondays, from 5-6 pm online.
Teacher: Maureen Shannon-Chapple, M.S., is a senior teacher at InsightLA and has worked with children, families, and adults in a variety of contexts including 20 years of classroom teaching at Chadwick School. She taught parenting classes at LAUSD, child development at College of the Canyons, and children’s literature at Loyola Marymount University. A long-time practitioner of yoga and meditation, Maureen completed the Community Dharma Leader program at Spirit Rock Meditation Center in 2008. She currently leads a weekly mindfulness group for InsightLA at Loyola Marymount University and she is also the Director of InsightLA’s Facilitator Training Program.