Date(s): Jan. 26 - Feb. 23
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm (Wednesdays)
This online class is an introduction to creating and incorporating an effective and ongoing mindfulness practice in all aspects of your life. This 5-week (1 hour each week) class is appropriate for beginners as well as anyone who wants to refresh the fundamentals of their practice.
The course will explore:
- Understanding what mindfulness is and what benefits may arise from the practice
- Utilizing a variety of mindfulness practices in everyday life
- Developing a healthier relationship with your thoughts
- Developing more balance with your emotions
- Becoming more aware of your body and its intelligence
- Moving from unskillful reactions to skillful responses
- and more
Time & Location: Wednesdays, 12-1 pm online. You will get connection information for this class before the first session.
Please sign up for this class if you are able to attend all sessions.
Teacher: Allen Weiss is the founding teacher and Director of Mindful USC and a senior teacher at InsightLA.org where he has taught mindfulness classes for the past 14 years. He started meditating in the mindfulness tradition in 2005 and in 2011 his Basics of Mindfulness class at InsightLA was noted the Best in Los Angeles by LA Magazine. He completed the Dedicated Practitioners Program (DPP) at Spirit Rock Meditation Center in 2008. Allen was given formal teaching authorization by Jack Kornfield and Trudy Goodman in 2014.